- A book about the story behind the historic meeting between Franklin D Roosevelt and King George VI on the eve of the Second World War, now the subject of a major Hollywood movie, Hyde Park on Hudson...
- A novel about how love can triumph over the madness of genocide and war Arthur Baptiste knows little of Rwanda’s past and is unaware of its emerging troubles. He lives with his half-Tutsi...
- May 2011, Afghanistan: Camp Bastion is under attack, the Sun’s Defence Editor is about to catch the wrong helicopter, and a famous TV war reporter is missing half his kit and wants his trainers back. Amid...
- A story of displacement, betrayal – and the lingering past September 1953. Fourteen-year-old Barney Holland is promised a fresh start when he is offered a place at a boarding school on the remote North Sea...
- The story of a lifelong search for happiness It’s early morning on New Year’s Eve, and nineyear- old Massimo wakes up to a long, doleful cry and the disconcerting image of his dad being supported by two...
- Nine-year-old “Skid” Beaumont’s family is stuck in the mud. Following his father’s decision to relocate and build a new home, based on a drunken vision that New Orleans would rapidly expand eastwards into...
- As Cosmopolitan’s professional agony aunt for the last forty years, Irma Kurtz has had to deal with the most intimate problems of successive generations of readers, while having to keep up with the...
- A novel about clashing civilizations and the search for truth across cultural divides As he approaches his fortieth birthday, the introverted monk Seido Oda is ordered by his superior to leave behind his...
- Shortlisted for the HW Fisher Best First Biography Prize 2012 The only Western woman to enlist as a soldier in the First World War, the Englishwoman Flora Sandes became a heroine and a media sensation when...
The Very Thought of YouRosie Alison
The Thirteenth ApostleMichel Benoît
The Storyteller of MarrakeshJoydeep Roy-Bhattacharya
Good to be GodTibor Fischer
The Restaurant of Love RegainedIto Ogawa
The Girl Who Leapt through TimeYasutaka Tsutsui
The Hundred-foot JourneyRichard C. Morais
The Diaries of Sofia TolstoySofia Tolstoy
The Pink HotelAnna Stothard
- Angela MerkelStefan Kornelius
- SkidRoland Watson-Grant
- Vanilla SaltAda Parellada
- The TowerAlessandro Gallenzi
- The Hundred-foot JourneyRichard C. Morais
- The RepercussionsCatherine Hall
- Love in Small LettersFrancesc Miralles
- First ImpressionsCharlie Lovett