- A story of displacement, betrayal – and the lingering past September 1953. Fourteen-year-old Barney Holland is promised a fresh start when he is offered a place at a boarding school on the remote North Sea...
- The story of a lifelong search for happiness It’s early morning on New Year’s Eve, and nineyear- old Massimo wakes up to a long, doleful cry and the disconcerting image of his dad being supported by two...
- Nine-year-old “Skid” Beaumont’s family is stuck in the mud. Following his father’s decision to relocate and build a new home, based on a drunken vision that New Orleans would rapidly expand eastwards into...
- As Cosmopolitan’s professional agony aunt for the last forty years, Irma Kurtz has had to deal with the most intimate problems of successive generations of readers, while having to keep up with the...
- A novel about clashing civilizations and the search for truth across cultural divides As he approaches his fortieth birthday, the introverted monk Seido Oda is ordered by his superior to leave behind his...
- Shortlisted for the HW Fisher Best First Biography Prize 2012 The only Western woman to enlist as a soldier in the First World War, the Englishwoman Flora Sandes became a heroine and a media sensation when...
- Foreword by David Gilmour Perhaps in no other novel of the twentieth century has the sense of time and place had such a central role and profound significance as in Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa’s...
- A prolific author of novels, poetry collections, plays, biographies and translations, Elaine Feinstein is one of the towering literary figures of the last few decades. In this, her first memoir, she...
- Winner of the 2012 Tibor Jones South Asia Prize Set against the Japanese advance on India during the Second World War, The Skinning Tree centres on the nine-year-old Sabby, who lives in a Calcutta family...
The Very Thought of YouRosie Alison
The Thirteenth ApostleMichel Benoît
The Storyteller of MarrakeshJoydeep Roy-Bhattacharya
Good to be GodTibor Fischer
The Restaurant of Love RegainedIto Ogawa
The Girl Who Leapt through TimeYasutaka Tsutsui
The Hundred-foot JourneyRichard C. Morais
The Diaries of Sofia TolstoySofia Tolstoy
The Pink HotelAnna Stothard
- The Flower PlantationNora Anne Brown
- Hot Dogs and CocktailsPeter Conradi
- Combat CameraChristian Hill
- It Goes with the TerritoryElaine Feinstein
- Angela MerkelStefan Kornelius
- SkidRoland Watson-Grant